Spiral submerged arc welding(SSAW) is its forward direction and forming tube centerline hose reel molding angle (adjustable), side molding edge welding and weld them into a spiral.
(Spirally Submerged Arc Welding pipes) SSAW pipes: SSAW pipes are produced by spiral (helicoidal) welding of steel coil and have a cost advantage over LSAW pipes, as the process uses coils rather than steel plates. As such, in applications where spiral-weld is acceptable, SSAW pipes may be preferred over LSAW pipes. Both LSAW pipes and SSAW pipes compete against ERW pipes and seamless pipes in the diameter ranges of 16”-24”. SSAW pipes are mainly used in petroleum and natural gas industry to transport flammable and non-flammable liquid and steel construction.
- (O.D×Wall Thickness)mm×Length(mm)
- 219-3200mm×5-30mm x 12000mm+500mm
- In addition to above specification, the pipes can be produced according to customer’s requirements.
- ASTM A252-89 WELDE AND SEAMLESS STEEL PIPE PILES
- API SPEC 5L Specification for Line Pipe
- GB/T9711.1 Petroleum and natural gas industries—Steel pipe for pipelines—Technical delivery conditions
- SY/T5037 Spiral submerged arc welded pipe for low pressure liquid transportation
- Q235-Q345, L175-L485, SS400, 16Mn, L290-L360
or according to the customer's requirements.
square ends (straight cut, saw cut, and torch cut). or beveled for welding, beveled,
Lightly oiled, Hot dip galvanized, Electro galvanized, Black, Bare, Varnish coating/Anti rust oil, Protective Coatings (Coal Tar Epoxy, Fusion Bond Epoxy, 3-layers PE)
Plastic plugs in both ends, Hexagonal bundles of max. 2,000kg with several steel strips, Two tags on each bundle, Wrapped in waterproof paper, PVC sleeve, and sackcloth with several steel strips, Plastic caps.
Chemical Component Analysis, Mechanical Properties (Ultimate tensile strength, Yield, strength, Elongation), Technical Properties (Flattening Test, Bending Test, Blow Test, Impact Test), Exterior Size Inspection, Hydrostatic Test, X-ray Test.
Major applications: (Spirally Submerged Arc Welding pipes) SSAW pipes are widely used in Oil, Natural Gas, Water and other flammable & nonflammable liquid conveyance and distribution pipelines, steel structures for construction and other general purposes by means of their wide size range.